Our Annual Association Meeting is to be held on Thursday 11 May at the NHS Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel.
There is plenty of convenient and free parking, a great reception area, a commodious lecture theatre and excellent catering. Timings are 1830 to 2000 followed by a buffet supper. The reception area will be open from 1745. The agenda is as follows:
- 1830-1845: President’s Opening Remarks and Confirmation of Office Bearers for 2023-24 – Moira Niven MBE (Lord-Lieutenant for West Lothian)
- 1845-1900: Chair’s Annual Report – Captain Andrew Cowan RD RNR
- 1900-1915: Army Reserve – Colonel Dougie Cochran, Deputy Commander, 19th Light Brigade
- 1915-1930: Maritime Reserves – Commander Mike Howarth RN, Commanding Officer, HMS DALRIADA
- 1930-1945: RAF Reserves – Flight Lieutenant Jim Martin, Acting Officer Commanding 602 (City of Glasgow) Squadron Royal Auxiliary Air Force and Squadron Leader Derek Read, Officer Commanding 603 (City of Edinburgh) Squadron Royal Auxiliary Air Force
- 1945-1955: Open Forum
- 1955-2000: Chair’s and President’s Closing Remarks
Please confirm your attendance, either in person or via Zoom, below.
As you know, our Scheme of Association requires our Members to elect our Office Bearers every year, including the Chair, the Vice Chairs and other Board Members. Once again, we are conducting the ‘hustings’ and voting online in order to save time on 11 May. Please use the online form below to vote. Captain Andrew Cowan RD RNR has been asked by Council to extend for one year beyond his 5 year-term. In accordance with our Scheme, our President, Ms Moira Niven MBE, Lord-Lieutenant for West Lothian, has signified her consent in writing here.
The Minutes from November’s Association meeting can be found here.