Current job vacancies at Lowland RFCA and partner organisations will be listed below:
Communications Assistant, Lowland RFCA, Lowland House, Glasgow
Lowland Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Association is an enabling organisation supporting the Reserve Forces and Cadet Organisations across the Lowlands of Scotland. This is a rare opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a small and friendly communications and engagement team, based at our Headquarters in the west end of Glasgow.
The Communications Assistant is a key appointment and the individual will take ownership of key communications outputs including:
- Providing communications and administrative support to the Head of Communications, and deputise where appropriate.
- Monitoring and managing social network channels, website and digital communications.
- Supporting event management, and customer meetings.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including, Armed Forces Reserve and Cadet units, Lowland RFCA members, business organisations, employers and youth organisations.
- Liaising with external consultants to develop marketing and publicity outputs for Lowland RFCA and Reserve and Cadet units.
- Managing and maintaining Lowland RFCA’s Engagement and Membership database.
The successful candidate will have strong IT skills including familiarity with MS office applications with proficiency in Word and Excel. Demonstrable skills and experience in PR / marketing / communications / web content management / social media management is essential. An interest and understanding of the Armed Forces – gained from service in the Regular or Reserve Forces, Cadet or university service unit – would be a strong advantage.
The Post is full-time based on a 37 hour working week and the salary is £19,346 p.a. Annual leave, excluding public holidays, is 25 days rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service. Previous service in the public sector will count towards qualifying years’ service. The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Council of RFCA Pension Scheme subject to the rules of the scheme. The scheme is a Career Average Revalued Earnings Scheme (CARE), which has a personal contribution of 5% of pensionable earnings for Members.
This role requires occasional travel throughout the Lowlands of Scotland applicants must have a clean driving licence and should live within reasonable commuting distance of Glasgow. The successful applicant will also be required to undertake identity and security checks prior to employment.
Please click here to download an application pack. A completed application, equal opportunities form and CV must be submitted for consideration for this post.
If you have any questions or have any issues accessing the application pack please contact John Menzies, Staff Officer, at [email protected].
The closing date for applications is 17.00 on Tuesday 14 August 2018. Interviews will be held in the week beginning 20 August 2018.