What are the CARAs?
The CARAs (Cadet Adult Recognition Awards) are Cadet nominated awards which recognise and thank Cadet Force Adult Volunteers within the Cadet Services in the Lowlands of Scotland.
There are ten sponsored CARAs, two per Army Cadet Battalion (winner & runner-up), two for the Sea Cadets (E&W) and two for the Air Cadets (E&W). Cadets will be able to nominate their chosen CFAV through an online application on the RFCA website.
Year in, year out, Cadet Force Adult Volunteers (CFAVs) selflessly dedicate their time and energy to ensure Cadets get the most from their Cadet Experience. It is our hope that The CARAs will give Cadets across the Lowlands an opportunity to say thank you to the volunteers who mean so much to them.
Cadets will be able to independently nominate the CFAV of their choice for a CARA by using an online form on the Lowland RFCA website. The nomination form will offer Cadets the option of a written or video submission. All nominations will then be reviewed by Lowland RFCA, whereupon a winner will be picked for each category.
Each of the ten CARAs has been sponsored by a local business. The award will consist of a £50 gift voucher (or equivalent) and a certificate. The award ceremony itself will take place on social media, allowing everyone to be involved!
Nominations for The CARAs 2020 were open between 1-31 July 2020. The awards ceremony took take place on 7 August.
Who can I nominate?
CARAs are for Cadet Force Adult Volunteers. In other words, adult volunteers who make your Cadet experience possible. Each Cadet has a nomination!
What should I think about when nominating?
- How has this CFAV particularly helped you?
- How has this CFAV gone above and beyond to make your Cadet experience better?
- Can you think of any examples to support your nomination?
- Get parental/guardian permission to nominate and to submit your/family email address.
- Decide whether you want to make a written or a video submission.
- Written Submission: Written submissions must be no longer than 200 words. We would recommend writing your nomination in Pages of Word and then copying and pasting into the form below – that way you can check the word count in advance.
- Video Submission: If you are wanting to make a video submission there are a few things to think about.
- Video submissions can be no longer than 2 minutes.
- Is your video file more or less than 10MB?
- If your video file is less than 10MB you can upload it directly into The CARAs nomination form.
- If your video file is more than 10MB you will need to upload the file into your Dropbox and then share the link with us in the form. If you’re not familiar with Dropbox here’s a helpful video to share you how to create a ‘share link‘.
Bring on #CARAs #CARAs2021!!
With thanks to our wonderful sponsors: