Property and facilities management is one of the most significant functions of Lowland RFCA. Through professionally qualified staff, Lowland RFCA is responsible on behalf of the Ministry of Defence. We have an impressive portfolio of more than 131 Reserve and Cadet Centres which provides the vital footprint and hub for all Reserve and Cadet activity in the region. Lowland RFCA maintains the Estate to the required legal standard, ensuring that all sites are kept in good condition, fit for purpose and secure.
With more than 600 individual assets under management across 136 sites, the Lowland RFCA Estates team works with approved contractors and consultants to provide a professional service and an attractive environment which supports the recruitment and training needs of our Reserve and Cadet Forces. This service includes:
- Planned maintenance – Based on a comprehensive Forward Maintenance Register, a managed programme of works provides for the replacement of key building elements and a rolling schedule of redecoration and repair of internal and external finishes.
- Reactive maintenance – prompt response to storm and accidental damage.
- Statutory and mandatory inspection and testing, as laid down by statute and Ministry of Defence regulation – including control of asbestos, inspection and testing of boilers, electrical equipment and wiring, plant and lifting equipment together with the prevention of Legionella within hot and cold water systems.
- Utilities and facilities management – control of the use of energy on the estate, monitoring consumption and promoting energy saving best practice.
- Project design and management – design and project management is provided in-house. External design teams are appointed for large capital projects, and are overseen by the Lowland RFCA estates team.
The Reserve and Cadet Estate is available to hire for your event or business meeting through Alternative Venues.
Note for Contractors
We frequently work with contractors to progress projects and to ensure our estate is operating in a safe and compliant way. All of our contractors are affiliated with Construction Line, a membership organisation with compliance at its heart. To find out more about working with us and Construction Line, please click here.